Wednesday, April 24, 2013

St Jean Pied de Port

22 April

Buen Camino

An apology for the long delay in getting this first blog off so late.  Í´ve been in the mountains and there is NO signals.

Offer it up.

I arrived in St Jean, the starting point of the camino.It has been a couple days of complete blessings from God.  Just when I had a need, God sent a messenger.  It is no wonder that when I call out to God there is a busy signal. Yáll are really praying hard for me. I feel them.

As I prepared for the camino, I considered the many difficulties. It occurred to me that there have been so many Lenten practices in my past that I have been required to¨ offer it up.¨  To make the love offering I concentrate on the love that the practice I chose makes more room for Jesus to dwell in my heart. Yes, even Culvers ice cream!

I just offer it up for Him.

I have embraced this motivation for my first days on the camino. I have embraced the idea of ¨offering it up¨ for two little girls with liver conditions.  The youngest of which needs a liver transplant. Her name is Liv.  I was privileged with a God moment with her father who shared a picture of her. Parents´scared hearts and a little 10 month old who needs Jesus´ healing touch. Her image touched me deeply. And from that brief moment I committed the challenges of my hardest days on the camino for little baby Liv.

Sacrifices of love propel the prayers to heaven. Perhaps there is someone you know needs your prayers. They need God´s mercy.And perhaps a sacrifice of self would be inspiring to put more power in your prayer for them.

Look at Jesus. I see His painful agony for my sorry soul and know it all shouted out His love for me. I offer my challenges of these first days for baby Liv.

She desperately needs prayers. I offer it up, all of the strain of the Pyreenes, for all it´s worth, for her.

I remain in Him, Carinos

Deacon Willie

3 comments:

  1. "...that never was it known..."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Offer it up - What a great and beautiful post and such needed prayer and sacrifice for a little girl. May God continue to bless others through you on your trip! You are a hero to many. In HIM I feel his "Strength" - KB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Willie, Rely on His strength as you embark on this incredible journey. May God bless you...Teri, Charles and Riley

      Delete